yum --enablerepo=updates-testing

brian fedora at logi.ca
Thu Mar 26 22:09:36 UTC 2009

I'm unable to install the libX11 update. Can anyone suggest what I might
be missing?

I first tried:
su -c 'yum --enablerepo=updates-testing update libX11'

This did seem to be checking updates-testing, although I got the "no
packages" msg. When I tried it again, yum didn't bother checking
updates-testing (though it did check updates). I then tried doing both

yum clean all
and
yum clean all --enablerepo='*'

... followed by the update cmd. The 2nd time, yum checked testing again,
but still says no packages.

I also saw somewhere that this worked for someone:

su -c 'yum --enablerepo=updates-testing install
libX11-1.1.5-2.fc10.i386.rpm libX11-devel-1.1.5-2.fc10.i386.rpm
--nogpgcheck'

But that just said that the packages don't exist. (Does that format even
make sense?)

So, what am I missing here?