FC10 Suspend problem

Geoffrey Leach geoff at hughes.net
Fri Mar 27 23:46:40 UTC 2009

On 03/27/2009 03:55:55 PM, Hiren Joshi wrote:
> Looks like it's loaded:
> # lsmod | grep -i think
> thinkpad_acpi          53968  0
> rfkill                 11160  2 thinkpad_acpi
> hwmon                   6300  1 thinkpad_acpi
>
> modprobe thinkpad-acpi, doesn't have any output.....
>
> Timothy Murphy wrote:
> > Hiren Joshi wrote:
> >

> >> I was only using pm-suspend to try to figure out why suspend on
> gnome
> >> didn't work =)
> >>
> >> Where can I get hold of thinkpad-acpi?
> >>

> > I assume that it is a standard kernel module.
> > What does "modprobe thinkpad-acpi" say?
> >
> > As far as I can tell my Thinkpad T43 found this module itself;

I recently debugged a similar problem in an entirely different context.
What transpired was the the failure to resume after suspend was caused
by a particular module. Removing that (or managing it, as ooutlined in
the pm-utils docs) resolved the problem.

I suggest following the procedure outlined in the kernel documentation.

http://www.mjmwired.net/kernel/Documentation/power/basic-pm-debugging.txt