Dell MD3000, MDSM, F10 and iSCSI

Christopher A. Williams chriswfedora at cawllc.com
Mon Mar 30 13:03:04 UTC 2009

Has anyone gotten this combo to work?

Dell 2950 with stock MD3000 array (not the MD3000i)
MDSM to manage the MD3000
iSCSI Target
All on F10

We're been trying to get this to work for weeks and have been thoroughly
unsuccessful! MDSM doesn't want to run on F10. In fact, it doesn't want
to run on anything other than RHEL or CentOS. But these are brutally bad
when it comes to running iSCSI Target and they aren't the direction
we're trying to go with this thing.

If anyone has this combo running, can you share the secret? Can we
manage the MD3000 with something other than MDSM since it refuses to run
on F10 and we're getting absolutely no help from Dell since it's not
RHEL?

Cheers,

Chris

--
"You see things as they are and ask, 'Why?'

-- George Bernard Shaw