Accessing A Fedora 7 Box FROM The Net

Cannon, Andrew C Andrew.Cannon at amec.com
Tue May 5 12:22:27 UTC 2009

I would look at the ISP or the router as being the problem.  I know the
router has been set to work as a dumb connection, but there may be a
flag that you may have missed in the configuration.

Check with your ISP.  Here in the UK, I've been told that my ISP blocks
certain ports.  It could be that your ISP will do the same unless you
are on a business package.  They may open up the required ports for you
to use if you ask them nicely...

All in all, from what you've said, this looks like a router/ISP issue,
rather than a Fedora issue.

Andy