Can't boot!

William M. Quarles walrus at bellsouth.net
Thu May 14 01:25:18 UTC 2009

S P Arif Sahari Wibowo wrote:
> On Wed, 13 May 2009, William M. Quarles wrote:
>> The computer seems to "die" right about when X is about to start.
>
> Can you try <ctrl><alt><F1> (and F2, F3, ...) to see of console login is
> on?

OK, this PC is playing mean tricks on me. The past 10 times I've tried
to boot it, the boot has failed, and also, the keyboard stops responding
(so <Ctrl><Alt><anything> doesn't work). This thing is behaving very
inconsistently, because it just did a successful boot and I was able to
log in.

See the music list for my "mixer wowes" with the sound card and the DVD
decoder card.

Peace,
William