Fedora X as imap server mx0? Workable?

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Mon May 18 15:51:19 UTC 2009

Tim wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-05-18 at 10:48 +0100, Frank Murphy (Frankly3d) wrote:
>> Would Fedora X(Current)
>> work as an imap server
>> with a CentOS as a backup
>
> The other way around would be more practical, you want an IMAP server on
> something with longevity (likewise for any other server where you'd have
> to faff around with keeping data and configuration across numerous OS
> upgrades).  Fedora doesn't have longevity.

I see it the way you do, CentOS is a good platform for servers, My current needs
are met by a backup server running CentOS in a VM image in Fedora/KVM. That way
I have "identical" machines. Clearly this is an issue if you have so much load
that the slight overhead of virtualization is a problem, but in general it has
worked well.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>