SELinux preventing D-Bus starting ConsoleKit etc - Was: F10 - pulseaudio not running

Mike Fleetwood mike.fleetwood at googlemail.com
Thu May 21 21:41:40 UTC 2009

Daniel J Walsh wrote:
> Mike could you join me on irc #selinux on freenode and talk to me there
> (dwalsh)?

In summary Daniel talked me through checking out SELinux in more
detail over IRC.  There was some sort of corruption with the SELinux
targeted policy from my Fedora 8 to 10 upgrade a couple of months ago.
 Reinstalled the targeted policy RPM and relabelled everything.
ConsoleKit is now running and /sbin/service works.  I expect
Pulseaudio will start and audacious play audio, but I am not at the
console to login and check.

Many thanks,
Mike