"empty" disc undeer f11/f10

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Mon May 25 20:11:46 UTC 2009

Christoph Höger wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> something strange happened today. I got an _important_ cd and simply
> wanted to copy the data from it. My kernel thinks its empty ("this disc
> doesn't ..."). But under Vista I can read the data. Is that some kind of
> windows magic? Unfinished disc or stuff or did I encounter a bug?
>
> regards
>
> christoph

Possible mulitsession disk that wasn't created properly.  I have had
that happened in the past.  Check to see how much blank space there is.
    The session may not have been closed properly.

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-software-2/multisession-dvd-is-there-a-solution-578418/

This may be useful.

http://www.theblackpawn.com/step-by-step-tutorial-to-burn-a-multisession-cd-in-linux.php

--