Impossible to access boot menu

Mike Cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 15:53:05 UTC 2009

Aioanei Rares <schaiba <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Less likely, better check your /var/log/messages file for something related.

Well I just switched off the machine in question and booted from a cold start.
The problem that was there consistently in the past seems to have gone away.
The mouse now gets recognised immediately that the kdm greeter starts.
I presume that a fix was done in an update at some point - but due the problem
being there I had only rebooted without powering off and back on for a month or
two.... however certainly it was as I reported until a few weeks ago.