should I go for 64bit version of Fedora 11 ?

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Wed Nov 4 03:22:22 UTC 2009

On 04Nov2009 14:01, I wrote:
| On 03Nov2009 23:45, Alan Cox <alan at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk> wrote:
| | Such as the kernel ... which is much happier in 64bit mode with over 1GB
| | of RAM.
|
| Is there some URL I could visit that qualifies this?
| I'm not doubting you, but I would like to have a mental model of roughly
| why and how 64-bit mode benefits a system. [...]

BTW, I found this:
  http://forums.amd.com/devblog/blogpost.cfm?threadid=93648&catid=317
which is interesting but doesn't give me much clue about why the kernel
might like it.
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

It was a joke, OK?  If we thought it would actually be used, we wouldn't have
written it!     - Marc Andreessen on the creation of a <blink> tag