Evince "home directory"

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Wed Nov 4 04:19:05 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-11-04 at 14:33 +1030, Tim wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-11-04 at 08:02 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
> > And, to boot, someone also thought is was a good idea to name files
> > with uppercase names in an O/S that is case sensitive.  :-(
>
> Yeah!  :-\
>
> I'm getting a bit sick of this following the worst examples set (by
> Microsoft).  We even see moronically stupid Windows-like advice about
> sticking all your files inside a documents directory, then sub-dividing
> that into other things (documents/downloads, documents/music, etc.).
> Geez, "documents" is not a substitute for data, or simply files.  If
> it's not a "document" it's NOT a bloody document.
----
Considering that knowledgeable users will be able to set things up as
they choose then the consideration for the less knowledgeable users or
those moving from the other OS's can find things more easily or possibly
back up their needed files this hardly seems to be something to get all
worked up about. When programs look for documents in the same consistent
folder or want to save documents in the same consistent folder it's hard
to argue with the logic of this.

Craig

believed to be clean.