FC11- getting message about 'battery broken'

Stewart Williams lists at pinkyboots.co.uk
Wed Nov 4 22:49:19 UTC 2009

Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> I am running gnome and when I log in I get:
>
> Battery may be broken
>
> Your battery has a very low capacity (2%) , which means that it may be
> old or broken.
>

> Now I did not get anything like this with FC10 on the system and it
> would run a number hours on battery.
>
> How do I check this out?
>
> Oh, the system is an ASUS ee701 with a 4Gb SDD drive and a 8Gb SD card.

Robert, I have an eee 900 and since I installed F11 I've also been
getting this broken battery message. I never had the errors on F10 either.

The battery status information is also erratic, especially the
discharging percentage, it's very buoyant.

The battery seems to last a couple of hours, so it's definitely not dead.