Initializing hardware (new problem)

Veli-Pekka Kestilä fedora at guagua.fi
Tue Nov 10 08:18:38 UTC 2009

Robt C Parrish Sr. wrote:
> and went back to the LiveCD. The installation went perfectly. After
> all was set and done I booted into Fedora.  When I got to the Login I
> tried to login as root and got an "Authentication Failure" message.
> In other words, it wouldn't let me log in as root (yes I used the
> correct password).  It would only allow me to log in as a user.  I
> know I can use 'su' to switch.  I can't think of a specific situation
> at the moment as to why but I would like the ability to log in as root.
This is disabled in the graphical login. If you press ALT-F2 (I hope I
remember it correctly) Anyway when using ALF-F? you can change between
graphical login and textmode. In the textmode console you can login as
root if you need to do some system maintenance. All the graphical system
maintenance tools should be run from your normal user account and
supplied with root password when asked.

-vpk