unexpected logout

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Wed Nov 11 01:47:25 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 10 November 2009, Rick Stevens wrote:
>William Case wrote:
>> Hi Craig;

>>> ----
>>> Is that a technical term (wonky)?
>>
>> Wonky is an open ended technical term.  It describes a piece of hardware
>> or software that does not act the way it used to, was expected to or
>> hoped for.  Its use implies that the user has not yet looked into why
>> this may be happening, usually in the hope that someone else has already
>> done the research and found a solution.  Wonkyness is usually announced
>> by the phrase "Oh sh*t!".
>
>Here at our labs, the correct sequence of phrases that determine if an
>item has acquired "wonkiness" are:
>
>	"Huh?"
>	"What the hell?"
>	"Goddamit!"
>	"She-e-e-t! Piece of junk!"
>
>Occasionally, the phrase, "It's never done THAT before!" is injected
>somewhere before the last phrase.  One often sees steam coming from the
>ears of the personnel who have been victimized by wonkiness.  It is
>highly recommended to stay out of their offices for at least 30 minutes
>to permit a cool down.  One may accelerate the cool down by
>surreptitiously sneaking a beer into the victim's line of sight.

And you have, from previous encounters, a memory for the victims favorite
brand of suds.  Otherwise its considered poor form, but you knew that.  OTOH,
there are times when its being wet is enough. :)

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Saffron: "You're a good man."

Mal: "You clearly haven't been talking to anyone else on this boat..."
				--Episode #6, "Our Mrs Reynolds"