Affraid to Upgrade from FC9 to FC12

Aldo Foot lunixer at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 23:25:52 UTC 2009

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 1:58 PM, Kevin O'Neil <kevin at kevinslair.com> wrote:
> Greetings everyone,
> I am hoping that someone can help me decide if I should upgrade or not. I am
> very afraid to upgrade when FC12 comes out because I have tweaked almost
> every part of FC9 to get it to work the way I want. It works 110% right now.
> Is there a security issue that I should be aware of?
>
> I really am looking forward to some of the new features, but like the old
> saying goes "If it aint broke, don't fix it".
>
> Thanks,
> Kevin

I agree with you... leave it alone if it's working. Just keep security
updates in mind. ;-)
Consider playing with a KVM/QEMU and create a virtual machine for F12.
Or use GParted to create a partition on the drive and install F12 there.
I suggest those two options because you'd probably want to make sure your
hardware behaves well with F12.
And one last though, look into Clonezilla to save your HDD in an image... this
alone is a Good Thing.

~af