Need to add date to script -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Thu Nov 12 17:19:39 UTC 2009

    I have a simple bash script that lists my internet usage in gigs,
    the first three lines are data downloaded, the second three data
    uploaded, 17.0 g and 5.0 g respectively are the upper limit for 30
    days..

    cat /home/bobg/usg.txt >>  /home/bobg/usg1.sav

    Listing that -
    cat /home/bobg/usg1.sav

    produces a long list which I haven't been able to do much with due
    to my limited knowledge.

    30 %
    5.2
    17.0
    9 %
    0.4
    5.0
    30 %
    5.0
    17.0
    9 %
    0.4
    5.0

    I would like to have a "date" command inserted to separate each
    group of six lines. Can some one tell me how to do that or point me
    in the right direction.

    This is an updated F-11 computer.

    Bob