Saving Flash

Fennix cn.stefan at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 07:47:51 UTC 2009

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 2:31 AM, Patrick O'Callaghan
<pocallaghan at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, 2009-11-12 at 13:22 -0500, Marcel Rieux wrote:
> > But I believe I had
> > everything pretty well covered here :) except this which I'd like to
> > add for Patrick O'Callaghan who wrote:
> >
> > > A large percentage of the readers of this list are not US citizens
> > or
> > > taxpayers and don't live in the USA (yes, there are all these other
> > > countries out there and most of them even have Internet and Linux
> > > users).
> >
> > If you think that the US -- the FED and the Treasury Department -- can
> > dump $12.8 non-bond-backed trillions in the local economy and lower
> > interest rates to next to nothing without the whole world suffering
> > from this nonsense, I won't attempt to teach you global economy.
>
> Which part of "this is not a suitable topic for this list" did you not
> understand?
>
> For my part, this thread is now over.
>
> poc
>
> --

Why does no-one answer the question?  There must be some better ways than
just browsing through the /tmp/cache directories to (hopefully) find the
correct file.  I also would like to know a better way to do this.  I have
two possible ways...

(Method 1)  If the browser being used is Firefox then adding something like
FlashGot might work...
(Method 2)  Right click on the link and copy to the clipboard.  Next open a
shell and use wget <link> to retrieve the file.  If the link opens another
web page I am not sure if this will successfully retrieve the actual video
file...

I hope this helps or at least jogs someones memory on this list to providing
a better method for saving flash video files.  The political commentary from
people has just wasted our bandwidth without providing any useful solutions
to the technical question presented.

fennix