Saving Flash

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Fri Nov 13 09:53:38 UTC 2009

Fennix wrote:

> Why does no-one answer the question?  There must be some better ways
> than just browsing through the /tmp/cache directories to (hopefully)
> find the correct file.  I also would like to know a better way to do
> this.  I have two possible ways...
>
> (Method 1)  If the browser being used is Firefox then adding something
> like FlashGot might work...
> (Method 2)  Right click on the link and copy to the clipboard.  Next
> open a shell and use wget <link> to retrieve the file.  If the link
> opens another web page I am not sure if this will successfully
> retrieve the actual video file...
>
> I hope this helps or at least jogs someones memory on this list to
> providing a better method for saving flash video files.  The political
> commentary from people has just wasted our bandwidth without providing
> any useful solutions to the technical question presented.

The best solution for that type of web page has already been given.  You
need to recall that the authors of Flash have designed it with the media
suppliers in mind.  Those types that don't want you to download and keep
their content.

If you, and others, would simply use google and type "how to save flash
video linux" you'd find the exact same solution as was given.

Flashgot has got nothing to do with Flash.  In this context "flash"
means "quick".  As in, "I'll be there in a flash".

--
Politics, like religion, hold up the torches of matrydom to the
reformers of error. -- Thomas Jefferson Guess Who!