Plugging into Projectors
dtimms at iinet.net.au
Sat Nov 14 09:13:07 UTC 2009
On 11/14/2009 02:29 AM, Oliver Ruebenacker wrote:
> I am running F11 on a Dell Latitude D820. I am unable to connect to
> projectors except at ridiculously small screen resolutions. Running
> Windows on the same machine plugs into projectors easily. What can I
- mention what actual resolutions work
- F11 up2date
- card (lspci), and driver is in use ?
- resolution you are trying ?
- does the system you are plugging into feed EDID back to your PC ?
(most installed projection systems don't, only RGBHV are sent to proj,
- are you on the VGA connector / input
- if it's no EDID
(try plugging cable straight into projector), it might be recognised
System Admin Display|Hardware|Monitor Type = ?
select either the matching display, or generic display of resolution
the projector is capable of.
Logout, ie make X restart, and then in System Preferences Display set up
More information about the users