help

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Sat Nov 14 22:05:43 UTC 2009

On Mon, 09 Nov 2009 10:16:28 -0800 (PST)
Ralph Gorrill wrote:

> I yhave a DELL lap top that one of my employess loaded FEDORA on with out telling anyone...I need to remove it...he is gone and I have no password...can anyone help me please.

You want to remove Fedora and do what?  Install Windows on it instead?

If that's what you want to do, you (probably) don't need a password.  Though
I haven't installed Windows on anything in over 10 years so I can't give you
specific directions, you should be able to just boot the computer off of the
Windows installation disk and install it on the hard drive using the default
settings that the installer suggests to you. (In other words, just keep hitting
the OK button or answering Y.) That will overwrite the Fedora partition.

The only way you should need a password to do this is if the bios is password
protected.  That's nothing to do with the operating system, though.  If that's
the case you may or may not be able to recover the password using some Dell
utility.  Check their website.