Amavisd-New and Postfix Auto Signature and Disclaimer [SOLVED]

Kevin O'Neil kevin at kevinslair.com
Sun Nov 15 02:07:45 UTC 2009

Greetings everyone,
I solved my problem with amavisd-new and postfix. I didn't know it but
amavis had its own auto signature disclaimer built into it.

Here is the code:

/etc/postfix/

main.cf:

content_filter=amavisfeed:[127.0.0.1]:10024
smtp_send_xforward_command = yes
smtpd_authorized_xforward_hosts = $mynetworks

master.cf

# Added 7/17/08 for amavis support
#[...]

amavisfeed unix    -       -       n       -       2     smtp
    -o smtp_data_done_timeout=1200
    -o smtp_send_xforward_command=yes
    -o disable_dns_lookups=yes
    -o max_use=20

127.0.0.1:10025 inet n    -       n       -       -     smtpd
     -o content_filter=
     -o smtpd_delay_reject=no
     -o smtpd_client_restrictions=permit_mynetworks,reject
     -o smtpd_helo_restrictions=
     -o smtpd_sender_restrictions=
     -o smtpd_data_restrictions=reject_unauth_pipelining
     -o smtpd_end_of_data_restrictions=
     -o smtpd_restriction_classes=
     -o mynetworks=127.0.0.0/8
     -o smtpd_error_sleep_time=0
     -o smtpd_soft_error_limit=1001
     -o smtpd_hard_error_limit=1000
     -o smtpd_client_connection_count_limit=0
     -o smtpd_client_connection_rate_limit=0
     -o
receive_override_options=no_header_body_checks,no_unknown_recipient_checks
     -o local_header_rewrite_clients=
     -o smtpd_milters=
     -o local_recipient_maps=
     -o relay_recipient_maps=
     -o smtp_send_xforward_command=yes
     -o disable_dns_lookups=yes
     -o local_header_rewrite_clients=
     -o smtpd_milters=

# END Added for amavis support

/etc/amavisd/

amavisd.conf

find: MYNETS policy bank:

$allow_disclaimers = 1;
$terminate_dsn_on_notify_success = 1;
$policy_bank{'MYNETS'} = {  # mail originating from @mynetworks
#   terminate_dsn_on_notify_success => 0,
#   spam_kill_level_maps => 6.9,
#   syslog_facility => 'LOCAL4',  # tell syslog to log to a separate file
#   virus_admin_maps => ["virusalert\@$mydomain"], # alert of internal
viruses
#   spam_admin_maps  => ["spamalert\@$mydomain"],  # alert of internal spam
#   bypass_spam_checks_maps   => [1],  # or: don't spam-check internal mail
#   bypass_banned_checks_maps => [1],  # don't banned-check internal mail
#   warnbadhsender => 1,  # warn local senders about their broken MUA
#   banned_filename_maps => ['MYNETS-DEFAULT'], # more permissive banning
rules
#   spam_quarantine_cutoff_level_maps => undef, # quarantine all local spam
#   spam_dsn_cutoff_level_maps => undef,  # ensure NDN regardless of spam
level
#   spam_dsn_cutoff_level_bysender_maps =>, # but only from local domain
senders

  originating => 1,
  allow_disclaimers => 1,

#     [ { lc(".$mydomain") => undef,  '.' => 15 } ],

};

@altermime_args_disclaimer =
  qw(--verbose  --disclaimer=/var/spool/amavisd/disclaimer.txt \
--disclaimer-html=/var/spool/amavisd/disclaimer.html);
  $defang_maps_by_ccat{+CC_CLEAN} = [ 'disclaimer' ];

/var/spool/amavisd/

disclaimer.txt

text message here.

disclaimer.html

Hope this helps anyone with the same problem.

Thanks,
Kevin

PS
Below is the sig I am using on all outgoing e-mail.

Kevins Lair, Ent
kevin at kevinslair.com

Think before you print.

This message and any attachments may contain information that is protected
by law as privileged and confidential, and is transmitted for the sole use
of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, copying or retention of
this e-mail or the information contained herein is strictly prohibited. If
you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the
sender by e-mail, and permanently delete this e-mail.

This e-mail was scanned by Amavisd-New 2.5.2 and didn't find any viruses.