Has anyone used bash4 under Fedora 10, 11 or 12?

Sam Sharpe lists.redhat at samsharpe.net
Sun Nov 15 17:54:36 UTC 2009

2009/11/15 Todd Zullinger <tmz at pobox.com>:
> Steven W. Orr wrote:
>> Does it cause problems? Does it work ok?
>
> It's been used in rawhide for many months now, and what will be Fedora
> 12.  I've seen various minor issues reported and fixed on the bug-bash
> list.  Fedora 12 currently has bash 4.0.33 (which is only slightly
> behind upstream's 4.0.35 -- and will likely be pushed as an update
> eventually).

I hadn't even noticed, but I've been using it for a couple of weeks :o)

[sam at samlap ~]$ echo $BASH_VERSION
4.0.33(1)-release

[sam at samlap ~]$ cat /etc/redhat-release
Fedora release 12 (Constantine)

Seems fine to me - my work is heavily based in a shell and I haven't
noticed any difference.

--
Sam