Grub ??

Jim mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 15 18:43:01 UTC 2009

FC 11

We have two Linux distros installed on one hard drive.

How do I in fedora tell grub to show both  Distros on the Boot Menu at
boot start up so I may select select one of two at Boot start.
If I do a  grub-install /dev/hda from Fedora it will only show the
Fedora Kernels at Boot Menu and not the other Linux OS.

And what is even worse is if the other Distro does a Kernel update it's
not shown in the Boot menu at start up.

I know I could tell yum.conf not to update kernels, but I don't want that.

I'm using Mint as second Distro. and at boot startup Mint in it's boot
Menu does not give you the "apend" (a) feature but Fedora does.