Saving Flash

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Mon Nov 16 08:07:45 UTC 2009

Ed Greshko wrote:
> Marcel Rieux wrote:
>
>> I've been had with this one. Since I found no file in /tmp, I assumed
>> there would be no URL in the code of the page.
>>
>> This one, I believe, would be a better challenge:
>>
>> http://video.pbs.org/video/1082087546/
>>

> For these types of sites I've heard that you can try something like
> "rtmpdump".

FYI, I just now successfully downloaded the entire Bill Cosby piece with....

./rtmpdump_x86 -r
"rtmp://203.77.184.132/a1863/o6/tp-live/PBS_CP_General_Audience/cosby-full-revised-CHN.mp4"
-o outfile.mp4

I did this on my CentOS 5 system since rtmpdump didn't compile under
Fedora 11 and I didn't want to debug that.  And I then played it using
mplayer.

All of this I learned by using Google......