Saving Flash

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Nov 16 10:15:25 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-11-16 at 14:19 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
> he one thing that you are missing is that some media suppliers don't
> want folks to save the streams.  Folks like psb and bbc develop there
> own "embedded players" that sit between the flash plugin and source.
> The communicate on port 1935.  There is no disk cache and the protocol
> is client-server.

Unfortunately, this is all too common.  I'm not too bothered about
saving most things on the net.  But I get continually snagged by
services that are so lagged that I can't watch them (big long wait,
watch half a second, big long wait, rinse, cycle, repeat).  And the
sites with completely unsupported schemes, though that's another story.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.