XBMC for Fedora

Konstantin Svist fry.kun at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 19:26:50 UTC 2009

On 11/16/2009 11:01 AM, Rolf Fokkens wrote:
> Anyhow, given the fact that there isn't an XBMC RPM in one of the
> mentioned repositories, I built it myself based on an RPM by Scott
> Harvanek. It's here: http://rolffokkens.dyndns.org/

I have been running XMBC on F10 for a while now. At first, I used some
fixes & workarounds from some wiki page (not sure where it is anymore),
but later on it compiled reasonably well straight from their SVN tree.
They have a readme which tells you which packages are necessary and
config script tells you about some missing packages as well. Their main
target is ubuntu, but the packages are usually similarly named.

> It's running very stable on mij x86_64 Fedora 11 system, both music
> and video's run smoothly. Somehow however I can't play physical media
> like DVD's and CD's, as XBMC doesn't seem te be aware of them. Could
> be a libcdio-0.18 related problem.

I would recompile a version from SVN. It's not as bad as it sounds ;)