sound recorder

N James Bridge james at xmas.demon.co.uk
Wed Nov 18 18:19:15 UTC 2009

> On 11/18/2009 10:19 PM, N James Bridge wrote:
> > Where has sound recorder gone? Seems a bit daft just to get to the point
> > that one can easily select input from line-input and then remove the
> > recorder program that uses it! Of course there are others, but recorder
> > was very quick to use and just save an audio file.
>
> # gnome-sound-recorder
> Command not found. Install package 'gnome-media-apps' to provide command
> 'gnome-sound-recorder'? [N/y]
>  * Installing packages..
>
>  * Getting information..
>  * Resolving dependencies..
>  * Waiting for authentication..
>  * Resolving dependencies..
>  * Downloading packages..
>  * Checking signatures..
>  * Testing changes..
>  * Installing packages..
>  * Scanning applications..
>
> Installed.
>
> Rahul

Well, I have got it, but not quite as you said. The command
gnome-sound-recorder (as root) just gave "Command not found" - nothing
about installing anything. So I did a yum install, which worked fine.

Why does gnome-media-apps not appear in the Add/Remove Software choices?
It certainly used to.

--
N James Bridge <james at xmas.demon.co.uk>