will yum-plugin-priorities fix my adobe repo problems?

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Wed Nov 18 23:03:08 UTC 2009

I installed the adobe yum repo in my x86_64 f12 system
at work.

I then tried to install adobe reader and flash, and
the english adobe reader tried to drag in the spanish
adobe reader and flash tried to drag in the swedish
adobe reader :-).

My theory is that some 32 bit libs that reader and flash need
are packaged up with some versions of reader in other
languages, so it tried to grab them from the same repo.

When I just downloaded the 2 rpms I wanted, disabled
the adobe repo, and did a yum localinstall, it was
able to download all the 32 bit libs it needed from
the proper fedora repos, and they both installed with
no problem.

Would it be safe to re-enable the adobe repo if I add
the yum-plugin-priorities package and configure the
adobe repo priority so low it has to reach up to
touch the bottom? :-).