Automatic bug reporter - not

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Wed Nov 18 23:55:39 UTC 2009

After going to dinner and doing some other work, about 90 minutes in all, the
ABR finished "Determining list of packages for 1 missing debuginfos" and
downloaded what it needed. And then it asked if I wanted to send the report, one
tiny section at a time, and then said connection to bugzilla failed.

Someone should look at the bug reported in SeaMonkey and see how it's done. Long
delays, report failures, expecting the user to have a login on the report
collecting site?

The live CD was a delight, the install is crap, metacity fails constantly,
libcanberra crashes, etc, etc.

I knew that if X kept crashing I should boot in a terminal and run 'yum upgrade'
from cli, but the average user may not. And fully updated it still doesn't work
in X, the reported tool is unusably slow etc.

I'm going to try install from the live CD next, the DVD has bugs and the bug
reporter does as well. Maybe I'll see if KDE is stable, although the GNOME was
great in the Live-CD.

Don't expect any bug reporter from me, it's still looking for the debuginfo for
one package, 71 minutes later. Life is too short for a tool like that, fc13 will
be out before it finishes. ;-)

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>