mplayer works, gmplayer doesn't

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Nov 19 07:04:16 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-11-18 at 21:12 -0600, Michael Hennebry wrote:
> What works with mplayer should work with gmplayer, right?

Over quite some time, probably a year or so, I've noticed that gmplayer
would crash (or spew so many errors that it was unusable) with many MPEG
files that mplayer would simply just play.  They're not *exactly* the
same program.

The Gnome mplayer and smplayer seemed better, than gmplayer, if I wanted
a graphical interface.  And when using some of these other "interfaces
to mplayer" it's possible to configure each one differently.  That can
trip you up if you forget that you've tweaked one, but not the other, or
one has different defaults.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686