Chainloader question.

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Sat Nov 21 13:59:16 UTC 2009

On 11/21/2009 11:25 AM, Mikkel wrote:
> Roger wrote:

>>> What do you mean by chainloaded? If you are talking about a Grub,
>>> then it is the same for a 32 or 64 bit version of Fedora. Grub is a
>>> boot loader that is independent of the OS installed. (Except for
>>> storing its files.)
>>>
>>> Mikkel
>>>

>> I tried the standard commands and then the map and chainloader commands,
>> neither worked.
>> Roger
>>

> What exactly are you trying to do? Are you trying to boot two
> different installations, or are you trying to boot both 32 bit and
> 64 bit from the same install? (Sharing the same / and /home?)
>
> Mikkel

Have Fedora 12-x86_64 on a separate disk to Fedora 11-x86
Want to boot F12 from F11 grub and if testing in the F12 environment I
want to boot into F11

Altered /grub/menu.lst in Fedora 11 to include the kernel and initrd
from F12, it won't boot.
Altered /grub/menu.lst in Fedora 12 to include kernel and initrd from
F11 , same result.

Tried
map(hd0) (hd1)
map (hd1) (hd0)