Another preupgrade disaster -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Sat Nov 21 18:58:26 UTC 2009

On 21/11/09 11:49, stan wrote:
> I haven't got anything more to offer for preupgrade help.  Maybe
> someone eles can give you more help, or you can find a bugzilla that
> has your error at http://bugzilla.redhat.com .  Good luck.

    Thanks for the help, it's been another interesting experience for me
    but I'm about ready to give up on what I have.

    I "fixed" the partition problems with fdisk, after which I could no
    longer boot F-11 much less install F-12. Apparently it was booting
    from that disk. And apparently the livecd doesn't work as a rescue
    disk. I have the F-12 livecd and will bite the bullet and go through
    the same routine I've done so many times before with an install from
    scratch.

    I could try other things but hate to waste bandwidth downloading
    "disk 1" just to get a rescue function with which I might not
    succeed anyway.

    Bob