was f12 ff/X crash and notes- now mozilla and beeps bongs and squeeks

Skunk Worx skunkworx at verizon.net
Sun Nov 22 01:47:09 UTC 2009

On 11/22/2009 04:40 PM, Roger wrote:
> On 11/22/2009 09:25 AM, Skunk Worx wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am enjoying my new f12 installation--fully upgraded to this morning.
>>
>> Questions :
>>
>> When I visit www.newegg.com in FF, FF and X crash to the login screen.
>> This is a X86_64 system using AMD and an AGP ati card (X800). I tried
>> moving .mozilla out of the way and generating a new one but this did
>> not help. Does anyone else see this?
>
> Hi John
> you can rename it - say .xxmoxilla and then mozilla will create a new one.

Thanks Roger...

If my post wasn't clear I already did this and generated a new .mozilla
hierarchy...it didn't make any difference to the FF/X crashes on newegg
and centos.org.

>> The initial login "bong" after selecting a user name seems overly
>> loud. How can I disable it?
>
> <System><Preferences><Sound> right at the bottom of the menu... This
> provides the options to change or switch off all the beeps, bongs and
> squeeks

I see a GUI with no menu, but there is a checkbox at the bottom of the
GUI -- "Enable window and button sounds". It's not currently checked,
and checking it seems like the wrong solution--I want to stop the login
bong when I select a user name from the system greeter.

Although I discovered after my post that I had my system sound turned
way up for a DVD I was playing that has low sound from the factory--now
that the system sound is set back to normal it doesn't bother me so
much. Dumb me...

---
John