f12 yum/rpm commands to list all dependencies on a library

Tony Nelson tonynelson at georgeanelson.com
Sun Nov 22 04:37:53 UTC 2009

On 09-11-21 21:07:14, Skunk Worx wrote:
> On f12 I see a package called oprofile-gui depends on the qt3-3.8b
> rpm.
>
> What command(s) can I run inside a local repo (where all the rpm
> packages are) that will tell me how many f12 "Everything" packages
> are still using qt3?

    # repoquery --whatrequires --alldeps qt3

You may need to specify the repository with
"--repofrompath=<repoid>,<path/url>" see `man repoquery`.

> What command(s) can I run for the locally installed package set that
> will tell me how many packages are still using qt3?

Well, there's always `yum remove qt3` and answer "no" (as long as
"assumeyes" is not set).

> I have a project that I am porting to x86_64/qt4 and would prefer not
> to mix the two subsystems on my development machine.
>
> The /etc/profile.d/qt* files are currently pointing the default
> QTDIR, QTINC, QTLIB, and PATH variables at qt-3.3 locations even
> though I'v installed qt-devel which is qt-4.5.

Possibly this is a use for a chroot, or maybe mock or even mach.  (I
have not done this.)