Autofs under Fedora-12

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sun Nov 22 15:48:16 UTC 2009

Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Is there a problem with autofs/automount under Fedora-12?
>
> I have exactly the same settings that I had in Fedora-11,
> but the mount command is not being completed at boot-time,
> although I have no problem giving it later by hand.

I'm a bit confused about what command you're giving later.....

I've used autofs before and don't recall any commands to get it to
work.  The automount command modifies the auto.master file and the file
system would get mounted when the directory is accessed.

Could it be that you don't have the autofs service starting at boot
time?  chkconfig --list autofs

--
Satan did it Guess Who! http://tinyurl.com/mc4xe7