F12: Won't start X? (was Re: Preup to F12, won't boot)

Bruce Korb bkorb at gnu.org
Sun Nov 22 20:11:28 UTC 2009

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 11:46 AM, n2xssvv.g02gfr12930
<n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 at ntlworld.com> wrote:
>>   I found earlier threads describing a similar problem with F12 alpha
>> and beta, but found no solution.
>>
>>   Any advice?

If you have an NVidia graphics card, then wait.  It's not ready for
prime time yet.
Of course, neither is openSuSE and with my NVidia card (GEFORCE 9400 GT),
it is too new for Debian stable and Debian testing is, well, too raw.
So, I'm still
SOL and using flaky sound and video from an older release.  :(  Tiresome.