F12 on a P4

Marcel Rieux m.z.rieux at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 04:21:57 UTC 2009

On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 2:22 PM, Alan Cox <alan at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk> wrote:

> Pentium Pro is the original "i686" system.

And since it was introduced in 1995, if your computer is less than 14
years old, you'll be doing fine.

No way Fedora is about to adopt OS X manners, Mr Konstam. Sleep tight :)

On a Pro, I'm afraid the RAM would have to be updated, though, even
for text mode. Here's a source for an HP Vectra XW Pentium Pro 200 :

http://www.pcmemorystore.com/HP-Vectra-XW_Pentium_Pro_200-ram.htm

How about paying $278.92 for 64 MB of RAM?

I suppose Fedora decided to drop i586 support just to make sure that
people don't get into even more stupid deals :)

Loooong live Linux!