nvidia issue: no compositing, libGLcore.so.1 not found

n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 at ntlworld.com
Mon Nov 23 12:57:40 UTC 2009

On 23/11/09 11:40, Neal Becker wrote:
> Installed from rpmfusion:
> xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-190.42-2.fc12.x86_64
>
> Also
> xorg-x11-server-Xorg-1.7.1-7.fc12.2.rex.x86_64
>
> Working, but compositing is disabled.
>
> Looked at log, found:
> (II) Loading /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/extensions/nvidia/libglx.so
> dlopen: libGLcore.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory
> (EE) Failed to load /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/extensions/nvidia/libglx.so
>
> Any ideas?
>
> xorg.conf is default nvidia, with:
> 	Option	    "AIGLX" "on"
> and
> 	Option	    "Composite" "Enable"

Compositing is disabled for a good reason, it's not working, as I found
out. It caused KDE to be almost cripplingly slow. No doubt when this is
fixed it will be moved out of RPMFusion nonfree testing. It is for this
reason I have only updated my Laptop to Fedora 12 and not my PC, and
that upgrade was not a pleasant experience, most of the time spend
sorting out the ensuing problems. My advice, you need to be patient and
wait until those Fedora dev folks sort it out, when it will be released
into RPMFusion nonfree release.

JB