Does f12 bind take a long time getting up to speed?

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Mon Nov 23 15:07:37 UTC 2009

On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 01:09:08 +1030
Tim wrote:

> This sounds suspiciously like the old problem that Fedora 7 (?) had,
> where the network comes alive far too late, much later than various
> services that need the network up and running.  Is your network active
> before it tries to start those services?

It is certainly supposed to be. I have "network" enabled and
NetworkManager disabled, and eth0 configured as static and
set to come up on boot.

I do have a bridge setup for my virtual machines to use, and
eth0 as part of the bridge, but all that initialization
claims to have happened before named.

Maybe I should toss in some ifconfig commands or something to
log current status at the start of the ntpdate init script
and see what it says.