run anaconda to install to second hard drive

idwsh6b02 at sneakemail.com idwsh6b02 at sneakemail.com
Mon Nov 23 21:25:51 UTC 2009

Tim wrote at 16:20 +1030 on Nov 17, 2009:
 > On Mon, 2009-11-16 at 22:15 -0700, idwsh6b02 at sneakemail.com wrote:
 > > I'm running F11 and I'd like to run anaconda to install another
 > > instance of F11 to a second (blank) hard drive in my system. I'd like
 > > to do it without rebooting. The second drive is removable.
 >
 > Just to throw some other ideas into the ring, you could clone the
 > installed drive over to the second one.  Though, bear in mind that if
 > you're going to use this second drive to run Fedora on another computer,
 > there may be significant enough hardware differences between this
 > computer and that computer, that you need to do the install on the
 > computer it will run on.  That, or tweak it about.

I specifically do not want the same system I am running with installed
to the second drive, but would like to run through the anaconda
install instead.  For a more complete solution were I mass producing
drives, I might be inclined to do a clone or a kickstart install.

I'm aware of the issue with hardware differences.  The systems
are close enough that they can either be ignored or tweaked
post-install.

Anyone have any more ideas for actually running anaconda or similar
installer to install fedora to a second drive?