How to import a Fedora Core 7 era KVM Image to Fedora 12?

Ryan Lynch ryan.b.lynch at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 15:10:46 UTC 2009

On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 23:40, Michael N. Moran <mike at mnmoran.org> wrote:
> I recently installed Fedora 12 after using Fedora Core 7
> for last couple of years. I have a Windoze KVM/Qemu image
> that I would like to import to run on my shiny new Fedora
> 12.
>
> I've launched Virtual Machine Manager, but it doesn't seem
> to like my old .raw image file.
>
> Any pointers?

Two suggestions:

 - Your description of the problem is pretty vague, which makes it
kind of hard to help you. If you can thoroughly document the steps you
took and the specific failure behavior you saw, maybe somebody could
help identify your problem.

 - There is a mailing list specifically for libvirt: