Is F12 ready to upgrade ? Is it worth it ?

Peter Boy pboy at barkhof.uni-bremen.de
Wed Nov 25 19:37:08 UTC 2009

Am Mittwoch, den 25.11.2009, 09:13 -0700 schrieb Linuxguy123:
> I'm perplexed by the posts I am seeing regarding F12 upgrades.  Lots of
> upgrade issues and darn faint praise as far as I can tell ?
>
> I was expecting a totally different response.

You should take into account that all those people who could upgrade
without any problem usually don't report on the list. So the list
represents rather a biased selection.

> Is F12 stable enough to warrant upgrading to it ?
>
> Is it a worthwhile upgrade at this point ?

Personally, I had no problems using the "traditional" way, booting from
F12 DVD. But I don't use propriarity drivers (as ATI/Nvidea or others),
which used to cause glitches.

F12 has some new features (see release notes) which come in quite handy
for me and I'm luckily using some of them.

Peter