No F-12 NFS mounts at boot -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Wed Nov 25 20:29:07 UTC 2009

On 25/11/09 14:39, Bill Davidsen wrote:
> Bob Goodwin wrote:
>> This was my problem, not F-12! I checked immediately upon booting the
>> computer and found that it was bringing up nfs /mnt/srvr2 but not
>> /mnt/srvr1, the one that was causing me problems since some of my
>> data is stored there.
>>
>> The error was in /etc/fstab I had inadvertently hit a period instead
>> of a comma when entering the options and that went unnoticed by my
>> one barely functional 79 year old eye!
>>
>>    192.168.1.48:/mnt/rfg/    /mnt/srvr1    nfs    defaults,rw.user
>> 0 0
>>    192.168.1.48:/mnt/glg/    /mnt/srvr2    nfs    defaults,rw,user
>> 0 0
>>    192.168.1.48:/media/SimpleDrive/data    /mnt/srvr3  nfs
>>    defaults,rw,user 0 0
>>

>> After correcting that all is happiness.
>>
>> Thanks for the suggestions, much of which I have saved in my notes.
>>
> And mine, at least a few. When you said it had worked on FC10&11 I
> thought this was an upgrade, so a typo didn't even come to mind. Good
> catch.
>
> My eyes aren't as old as yours, but I do have one machine with a 32
> inch screen (old HDTV with issues) which does a good job of making
> things large enough to see.

    Sorry to have confused you. This was to have been an [pre]upgrade
    but that turned into a mess and I dropped in the Livedc and
    installed that as I have been doing recently. Yes the large screens
    help, this one is a 20" and the other box with the F12 install is
    19". The 32" TV should help keep the room warm as well as easing the
    eye strain.

    Bob