F12 KDE questions

Mick M. off_by_1 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 27 11:05:43 UTC 2009

Hello list;
  I am running KDE under F12.
When I download a filel I get a popup in the upper right hand corner that tells me it has finished downloading.
This is in the way.

I prefer the F11 "stack" above the I/O box in the lower right hand corner- how do I revert to this?

Sometimes all the icons on my desktop get a big bright background box.
If I rollover the icon, or click on the desktop the box disappears.
This sometimes happens to the taskbar too.

I updated downloadhelper - but it fails, the directory is correct.

Thanks
  Mick M

Standard guarantee applies - 30 feet or 30 seconds, whichever comes first.

#  find / -name "*your base*" -exec chown us:us {} \;