Why is there no 32 bit version of firefox available for 64bit F12?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Fri Nov 27 13:27:13 UTC 2009

On Fri, 27 Nov 2009, Gianluca Sforna wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 6:44 AM, Paolo Galtieri <pgaltieri at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm having strange behaviour with 64bit firefox and the 64bit beta
> > version of Adobe flash.  So I want to try the 32bit version of
> > firefox with the 32bit flash from Adobe, but there in 32 bit
> > version of firefox available through the 64bit repositories.  If I
> > try the 32bit version of firefox from firefox.com it crashes all
> > the time running the 32bit Adobe flash.
>
> I am not sure this is applicable to all packages without side
> effects, but usually: yum install package.i686 brings in the 32bit
> package and all its dependencies.

  i would try *really* hard to debug the 64-bit version before dumping
the inevitable truckload of 32-bit packages on your 64-bit system.
currently, i have no i686 packages on my system and firefox seems to
be working well (except for this *really* annoying scroll issue where
a single scrollbar click will *zoom* madly down the page way more than
i want.  grrrrrrrr ...)

rday