TRIUMPH! Re: Upgrading : give me strength ...

Beartooth Beartooth at comcast.net
Fri Nov 27 20:12:38 UTC 2009

On Thu, 26 Nov 2009 17:31:40 +0000, Beartooth wrote:

> 	PC #4, my oldest and slowest, is now running F12!
>
> 	Gnat in ointment: I could swear I told it to upgrade existing
> (and got suspicious when it let me "customize now"), but it didn't.
> However, that machine and all it had were expendable.
>
> 	What's more, that same DVD-RW, now in my Thinkpad T42, is
> installing F12 again. It also just offered me the customization choice
> -- and wouldn't let me go back, except by terminating the install; but
> again, its data was expendable.

	It did do a complete install -- but it evaporated all of my
tweaks and data, including even my innumerable choices of apps to install
or remove, on the T42 as well as on PC #4.

	I tried it in PC #3, which is *not* nearly so expendable, and
noticed this time that when it gets to partitioning, one choice is to
"replace existing linux installation" -- which might mean putting either
an upgrade or a fresh install into the space now used. What became of the
choice we used to have??

	Btw, I also find, every time I hit the partitioner, it refuses to
let me increase /boot beyond 200 MB.