Fedora and USB ??

Sam Sharpe lists.redhat at samsharpe.net
Sun Nov 29 17:32:44 UTC 2009

2009/11/29 Jim <mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net>:
> On 11/29/2009 11:26 AM, Sam Sharpe wrote:
>>
>> 2009/11/29 Jim<mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net>:
>>

>>> FC12
>>> What Config files in /etc have to be setup for using USB devices ?
>>>

>> None.
>
> Now I realize I should have phrased that differently.
>
> What I'm trying to do is connect to my cell phone , a Motorola Droid.
> it shows up in /proc/bus/usb/devices.
>
> I'm using a Application from the Fedora 12 repo. "moto4linux".
>
> Should the  phone be set up some where in /etc showing the  Product
> ID:Vendor ID ?

How sure are you that drivers for the Droid exist? From what I
remember, it's an Android-based smartphone that's been available for
about a month.

I would expect that it was recognised in some way by the USB drivers,
but I don't know what driver would be attached to it. What is the
output of `dmesg` after you have plugged it in?

What I wouldn't expect is that moto4linux would be able to speak to
the Droid - it's different to every other Motorola phone that I know
of, so I would expect it to speak a different language.

--
Sam