Keyboard preferences lost in GNOME

Reid Rivenburgh reidr at pobox.com
Mon Nov 30 19:13:23 UTC 2009

Hi.  I'm currently running F12, though the following has been a
problem for a long time.  Every time I login, I have to open the
keyboard preferences and make some small change to my repeat rate
setting, like move it up or down a hair, for it to take effect.  (It
shows my old, expected values, they just don't take effect until I
make a change.)  I'd like it to just load my old setting
automatically.  Does anyone know why it doesn't do that?  One strange
thing I do (of many, no doubt) is run fvwm instead of the normal GNOME
window manager.  I've had this account for years, so maybe it's a
problem in a config file that I keep passing along.

Thanks for any pointers....

Reid