No hope installing Fedora 11 on Acer Aspire 5739

Ambrogio fn050202 at interfree.it
Thu Oct 1 18:22:10 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I'm trying to install and make operative Fedora 11 on my new laptop.

The model is Acer Aspire 5739g
lspci says a lot of 82801I controller,
nvidia corporation device 0652 rev a1
intel corporation wireless wifi link 5100
attansic technology corp device 1063 rev c0

I had no chance to install fedora with the CD, because anaconda can't
find free space.
Graphics interface didn't start, and with the text interface, I couldn't
able to resize the NTFS.
I made the resize by hands, and after that anaconda found a free space
and installed a minimal fedora.
I say minimal because I didn't choose software to install, and no X nor
desktop managers was installed.

I can't use network card and wireless card.

I updated kernel to 2.6.30.8-64.fc11.i686.PAE but no chance too to use
the network.
I can assign an IP to eth0 but ping doesn't work.

someone can help me solving this. I think if I can configure and use the
network, I will have a better chance to obtain a Fedora 11 working PC.

Tnx in advance
 Ambrogio