T61 mute button (was Re: T61 no sound with Fedora 11)

Yu Lex lex.yucai.yu.fedora at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 19:11:35 UTC 2009

I boot into live CD fedora 11 again, and it turns out both my headphone and
speaker work well(actually even the mute button is ok). but there is still
no sound when booting into my HDD F11.

And I find something is different between those two os. Run "alsamixer -c0"
in HDD F11, I see configuration options like:
Master Headphon Speaker    PCM      Mic    Mic Boos  S/PDIF  S/PDIF D ...
Internal

while in live CD F11, I could see configuration options like:
Master  Headphon  PCM   Mic  Mic Boos   IEC958  IEC958 D IEC958 P ...
Speaker

The configuration options' sequence is different( for example *Speak*) ,
IEC958 disappear and S/PDIF is new.

Has it to do with "no sound" issue? For example some inappropriate update?